A 26 year-old Regina male is facing numerous charges as the result of investigation into incidents earlier this week in Regina.
On Monday, November 14, 2022, at approximately 10:26 p.m., police were dispatched to an alley in the 1600 block of Toronto Street for a report of a suspicious vehicle. At the scene, officers found a male, passed out in the driver’s seat and a firearm on the passenger seat. The officers took the male safely into custody, and recovered a sawed-off shotgun. The vehicle was a stolen vehicle, taken from the 1800 block of Rae Street sometime between Nov. 11th and 13th.
Twenty-six year-old Tyson Michael LERAT, of Regina, is facing numerous charges:
- 2 X Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order, s. 117-01(1) CC;
- Careless use of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition, 86(1) CC;
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm, s. 91(1) CC;
- 2 X Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon, s. 91(2) CC;
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited device or ammunition in a motor vehicle, s. 94(1) CC;
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition, s. 95(1)(a) CC;
- Possession of property (vehicle) obtained by crime over $5000, s. 355(a) CC;
- Possession of proceeds of crime under $5000, s. 355(b) CC; and
- Breach of conditions of release order, s. 145(5)(a) CC.
LERAT made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday (yesterday), November 15, 2022.