On November 19, 2022, at approximately 7:50 a.m. members of the Regina Police Service were dispatched to the 2500 block of Wascana Street for a report of a suspicious male in the complainant’s yard and subsequently the complainant lost all power to their residence. When police arrived, the suspicious male was no longer there and the complainant’s power meter was found disconnected. A description of the suspect went out to all the other officers working, which resulted in the 37 year-old male, suspect being located, identified and arrested.
Through investigation, it was determined that there has been several similar incidents recently, including:
- November 19, 2022 – Second incident of power meter being removed from residence in the 2500 block of Wascana Street;
- November 19, 2022 – Power meter removed from residence in the 2500 block of Coronation Street;
- November 14, 2022 – Power meter removed from residence in the 5000 block of Tutor Way;
- October 31, 2022 – Power meter removed from residence in the 2200 block of Grant Road;
- October 22, 2022 – Debit machine cord cut in business in the 2700 block of Gordon Road;
- October 19, 2022 – Power meter removed from business in the 900 block of Albert Street.
Thirty-seven year-old, Christopher Stephen PAIK of Regina, is charged with:
- Mischief Under $5000 [CC 430(4)] X 7
- Obstructing a Peace Officer [CC 129(a)]
PAIK will make his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, November 21, 2022.