On November 19, 2022, at approximately 2:00 a.m. members of the Regina Police Service conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle near 13th Avenue and Wallace Street. When officers approached the vehicle they could see straight edged weapons in plain view in the back seat, accessible to the two front occupants. Both occupants were detained by police and through further investigation, police discovered a loaded .22 caliber firearm in the passenger’s front jacket pocket and a loaded sawed off shotgun slung around his neck. Ammunition and other straight edged weapons were located in the vehicle.
Twenty-six year-old, passenger, Paul Madison MCKAY of Fort Qu’Appelle, is charged with:
- Carry Concealed [CC 90] X 2
- Possession of Firearm Knowing Possession is Unauthorized [CC 92(1)] X 2
- Unauthorized possession of prohibited firearm in a vehicle [CC 94] – x 2
- Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(a)] X 2
- Prohibited Possession Contrary to an Order [CC 117.01(1)] X 3
- Insecure transport of prohibited firearm [CC 86(2) per S. 12] x 2
- Obstruction by providing false name [CC 129(a)]
- Breaching release order [145(5)(a)]
MCKAY will make his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, November 21, 2022.
Twenty-seven year-old, driver, Kylie Leanne BRIGGINS of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon Dangerous [CC 88]
- Carry Concealed [CC 90]
BRIGGINS will make her first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, January 5, 2023.