A Regina male is facing more than a dozen charges after an incident on Tuesday night.
On Tuesday, December 27, 2022, at approximately 10:55 p.m., police observed a suspicious vehicle driving in the area of 6th Avenue and Princess Street. Officers attempted a traffic stop on the vehicle, but the driver evaded police. A short time later, officers located the vehicle in the 1500 block of McTavish Street; it was unoccupied but the vehicle was still running with the keys in the ignition. Inside the vehicle, police located a firearm and ammunition. Members of the Canine Unit located a suspect male in a garage in the 1500 block of Montague Street. The Police Service Dog did not make contact with the male and he was brought into custody without incident. In a search incident to arrest, officers located a quantity of drugs, and items associated with drug trafficking. Police also determined the vehicle was stolen. As a result:
Twenty-six year-old Marlon Roland WHITEHAWK, of Regina, has been charged with:
• Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized [CC 92 (1)];
• Possession of Prohibited/Restricted Firearm With Ammunition [CC 95 (1)(A)];
• Possession of a Firearm/Prohibited/Restricted Weapon Obtained By Crime [CC 96 (1)];
• Unauthorized Possession of A Prohibited Device or Ammunition in a Motor Vehicle [CC 94 (1)];
• Careless Storage of Firearm [CC 86 (2)];
• 3 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to A Prohibition Order [CC 117.01 (1)];
• Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Under $5000 [CC 355 (B)];
• Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained By Crime [CC 355 (B)];
• Obstruct Peace Officer [CC 129 (A)];
• Possession of A Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking [CDSA 5 (2)];
• Fail To Comply With Condition of a Release Order [CC 145 (5)(A).
WHITEHAWK will make his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this afternoon (December 28, 2022) at 2:00 p.m.