A 22 year-old Regina male is facing weapons charges after investigation into an incident on Friday, December 9th.
At approximately 10:30 a.m. on Friday, December 9, 2022, in the 3300 block of 5th Avenue, police were alerted to the presence of an unknown male who appeared to be carrying a firearm. Police responded and safely took the male into custody. The firearm appeared to be a home-made device. The suspect is also alleged to have had a machete hidden under a layer of his clothing. It is also alleged the male suspect was in possession of a credit card confirmed to belong to another person. The 22 year-old is now facing charges in connection with this incident.
Twenty-two year-old Tyrese PRATT, of Regina, is charged with:
- Carrying a concealed weapon (machete), s. 90 CC;
- Possession of a firearm, knowing its possession is unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
- Possession of a loaded or restricted firearm, s. 95(1) CC;
- 2 X Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition, s. 117>01(1) CC; and
- Possession of credit card obtained by crime, 342(1)(c) CC.
PRATT made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on (today) Monday, December 12, 2022.