The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) completed an investigation and enforcement action on Wednesday, January 11, 2023, in relation to illegal drug trafficking within the City of Regina and surrounding area.
A CDSA search warrant was executed on an address in the Transcona Area of Regina resulting in 43 year-old Michael MACGREGOR of Red Deer, Alberta, being arrested in relation to the investigation.
The following items were seized during the enforcement:
- Over 1025 grams of fentanyl;
- A loaded, stolen, sawed off shot gun; and
- A large sum of currency and several other items to support drug trafficking.
As a result of the enforcement, MACGREGOR was charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Fentanyl – S.5(2) CDSA;
- Proceeds of crime over $5000.00 – S.355(A) CCC;
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition – 95(1)(A) CCC;
- Unsafe storage of a firearm – 86(1) – CCC;
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm – 92(1) CCC; and
- Possession of a weapon obtained by crime – 96(1) CCC.
MacGregor made his first court appearance on these charges on Thursday, January 12, 2023.