On January 13, 2023, at approximately 9:30 p.m., a member of the Regina Police Service Canine Unit observed a vehicle with a male passed out in the driver’s seat in the 900 block of Rae Street. Police were able to remove the driver from the vehicle without incident and arrest a 55 year old male for impaired driving. Upon searching the vehicle, incident to the male’s arrest, police located and seized a loaded sawed off shotgun, ammunition, a quantity of Fentanyl, drug paraphernalia, a fake driver’s licence, and identity documents that did not belong to the male arrested.
Fifty-five year-old, Dennis Brent MARCIA of Regina, is charged with:
• Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle [CC 320.14(1)(a)]
• Careless Storage of a Firearm [CC 86(1)]
• Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose [CC 88]
• Possession of Firearm Knowing Possession is Unauthorized [CC 92(1)]
• Unauthorized possession of prohibited firearm in a vehicle [CC 94]
• Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(a)]
• Prohibited Possession Contrary to an Order [CC 117.01(1)] X 4
• Breach of Probation [CC 733.1(1)]
• Identity Fraud [CC 403(1)(d)]
• Possession of an Identity Document [CC 56.1(1)]
• Possession of Proceeds of Crime [CC 355(b)]
• Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking [CDSA 5(2)]
MARCIA will make his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, January 16, 2023.