On Monday January 30, 2023, at approximately 11:00 a.m., police located a vehicle, reported as stolen the previous day, being driven in the area of 13th Avenue and King Street. The vehicle parked nearby and a male and female exited and entered a business. Police entered the business and arrested the male and female and placed them into custody without incident. A search yielded an improvised firearm, knives, and substances believed to be illicit drugs. The female was determined not to be involved in the offenses, and the male was found to be in breach of conditions of probation.
Fifty-one year-old Rodger KING, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000 [CC 355(A)];
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (methamphetamine) [5(2) CDSA];
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (fentanyl) [5(2) CDSA]; and
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order [CC 733.1(1)].
KING made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, January 31, 2023 at 9:30 a.m.