Three Regina males have been charged after an investigation by the RPS Stolen Auto Unit.
On December 30, 2022, police located a stolen vehicle in the 600 block of Grey Street. Two suspect males were seen walking away from the vehicle; police arrested one of the males without incident, and the other fled from police on foot. Officers located the second male in the 600 block of Empress Street. He was taken into custody, and police located a backpack nearby which contained a quantity of substances believed to be fentanyl, as well as quantities of methamphetamine, cocaine and items associated with drug trafficking. As a result of further investigation, police also arrested and charged a third male.
Thirty-eight year-old Brett Joseph HOCHBAN, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Over $5000 [CC 355 (A)];
- Operation of a Conveyance With Probation Order [CC 733.1 (1)];
- Fail to Comply With Probation Order [CC 733.1 (1)];
- 3 X Possession of A Scheduled Substance For the Purpose of Trafficking [CSDA 5 (2)].
Thirty-eight year-old Nathan William THOMPSON, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Carrying Concealed Weapon [CC 90].
Thirty-nine year-old Shawn William WILTON, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Over $5000 [CC 355 (A)].
HOCHBAN, THOMPSON, and WILTON made their first court appearances in Provincial Court this morning (January 3, 2023) at 9:30 a.m.