A 23 year-old Regina male is facing charges following investigation into a stolen vehicle on New Year’s Eve.
At approximately 12:58 a.m. on December 31, 2022, numerous officers were dispatched to an alley in the 1200 block of Garnet Street, for a possible stolen vehicle. The vehicle was occupied and running and when police activated emergency lights and attempted to stop the vehicle, the driver sped away. The stolen vehicle missed a turn and ended up in a snow bank. The driver fled on foot and was apprehended, by a Canine team, after he ignored a clear, concise warning to stop. The suspect driver was taken to hospital for treatment of a dog bite. Police advised the registered owner that his vehicle had been recovered. Investigation led to charges against the 23 year-old suspect, who was also the subject of several warrants.
Twenty-three year-old Troy CARDINAL, of Regina, is charged with:
- Operate conveyance dangerous to the public (dangerous driving), s. 320.12(1) CC;
- Flight from peace officer, s. 320.17 CC;
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000, s. 355(a) CC
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000, s. 355(b) CC; and
- Breach of release order, s. 145(5)(a) CC.
CARDINAL made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, January 3, 2023 (today).