The Regina Police Service Drug Unit completed an investigation into illegal drug trafficking in Regina and the surrounding area. As a result of the investigation on Thursday, January 19, 2023, the Regina Drug Unit completed enforcement in Saltcoats, SK, with the assistance of the Provincial GIS Section of the RCMP in Yorkton, members from the Yorkton RCMP Detachment, and the Combined Traffic Services Saskatchewan.
A search warrant was executed in the 100 block of Crescent Lake Road in Saltcoats, SK, resulting in the arrests of 42 year-old Scott Douglas FLAMAN and 40 year-old Crystal Paige FORD in relation to the investigation.
The following items were seized during the search:
- Over 820 grams of fentanyl
- 3200 grams of methamphetamine
- Canadian currency
Additional items to support drug trafficking were also seized.
FLAMAN and FORD were jointly charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Fentanyl- S.5(2) CDSA
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Methamphetamine – S.5(2) CDSA
- Possession of cocaine – S.4(1) CDSA
- Possessing proceeds of crime under $5000 – S.355(B) CCC.
In addition, FORD was also charged with the following offence:
Fail to comply with release conditions – S.145(5)(A)
Both accused are scheduled for their first court appearance on January 20, 2023.