On Saturday, February 25, 2023, at 7:20 a.m., police were dispatched to the 900 block of Arcola Avenue East, for a report of a vehicle that had been stolen.
Upon arrival, police spoke to the victim who reported her vehicle stolen. Police conducted a search of the area, and located the vehicle parked in the 20 block of Vaughn Street. An adult male was arrested from the vehicle without incident. A firearm was located in the vehicle.
Twenty five year-old Colton James Parkes, of Regina, is charged with:
- Robbery, s. 344(1)(b) CC;
- Fail to comply with a condition of a release order, s. 145(5)(a) CC;
- Possession of property obtained by a crime over $5000, s. 355(a) CC;
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession was unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a vehicle, s. 94(1) CC.
- Possession of a firearm, prohibited or restricted weapon obtained by crime, s. 96(1) CC
- Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with, 108(1)(b) CC;
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order 107.01(1) CC.
Parkes will make his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Monday, February 27, 2023, at 9:30 a.m.