The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU), with the assistance of Patrol officers and members of the Canine Unit, completed an investigation and enforcement action on Wednesday, February 22, 2023 in relation to illegal drug trafficking in Regina.
Three CDSA search warrants were executed; two on residences and one on a vehicle. The residences searched were located in the Glencairn neighbourhood and in the Greens on Gardiner neighbourhood. During the execution of the warrants, police seized:
- Approximately 800 grams of methamphetamine
- Approximately 350 grams of cocaine
- Approximately $17,000 in Canadian currency
- Additional items used to traffic controlled substances
As a result of the enforcement, 22 year-old Chirag MEHTA of Regina was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained By Crime Over $5000 [CC 355 (A)];
- 2 X Possession of Scheduled Substance For The Purpose Of Trafficking [CDSA 5(2)].
MEHTA made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on February 23, 2023 at 2:00 pm.