Under the authority of, and pursuant to, the Saskatchewan Public Disclosure Act, the Regina Police Service is issuing a public advisory on a male, who is considered to be a high risk to reoffend sexually and/or violently. As of March 30, 2023, 40 year-old Louis Ted MERCREDI, resides in the Heritage neighbourhood of Regina, in a residence that provides supervision and monitoring of his activities.
Please note: release decisions are made following the provisions of the Corrections and Conditional Release Act; these decisions are not made by police. Also note: THIS INFORMATION IS INTENDED TO ENABLE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO TAKE SUITABLE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES, NOT TO EMBARK UPON ANY FORM OF VIGILANTISM OR OTHER UNREASONABLE CONDUCT DIRECTED AT THIS INDIVIDUAL.
Louis Ted MERCREDI is described as: Male, 40 years old, approximately 5’ 9” tall, weighing about 220 pounds, with heavy build. MERCREDI has brown eyes and short black hair. A recent photograph of Louis Ted MERCREDI accompanies this news release.
A brief description of MERCREDI’s offending behaviour is as follows: “Louis Ted Mercredi has a criminal history which includes violent sexual offences and has a history of reoffending. During his time of incarceration, he did complete programing designated to address his risk factors. However, Louis Ted Mercredi has not made any progress in reducing his high risk to re-offend violently. At prior sentencing he was designated as a Dangerous Offender and was given a Long Term Supervision order for ten years.”
Under the conditions of his Long Term Supervision order, Louis Ted MERCREDI is required to live at an approved residence. In addition, Louis Ted MERCREDI must abide by the following special conditions:
- Must not consume, purchase or possess alcohol;
- Must not enter establishments where the primary source of income is derived from the sale or consumption of alcohol;
- Must not consume, purchase or possess drugs, other than prescribed medication taken as prescribed, and over-the-counter drugs taken as recommended by the manufacturer;
- Must not associate with any person he knows or believes is involved in criminal activity, or anyone who is actively abusing substances;
- Must follow a treatment plan/program to be arranged by his parole supervisor in the areas of sexual deviancy and substance abuse;
- Immediately report all intimate, sexual and non-sexual relationships and friendships with females to his parole supervisor;
- Not to attempt to initiate any intimate sexual and non-sexual friendships with females;
- No direct or indirect contact with any of his current or previous victims of his sexual offending convictions; and
- Not to own, possess, or use any telecommunication devices.
- Not to access any pornographic material, or any devices that could store pornography.
- Take all medication as prescribed.
- Not to own, possess or have the control of any weapon.
Any member of the public who has questions or concerns is encouraged to contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500. Anyone who wishes to report an incident where Louis Ted MERCREDI is in violation of the aforementioned conditions, should call the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). Concerns or reports from persons living outside of Regina should be directed to the nearest detachment of the RCMP or local municipal police department.
This information is intended to raise community awareness about the presence of this offender so that people may make informed choices about contact with this person. This information is not to be used for an unlawful purpose. The Regina Police Service stresses: THIS INFORMATION IS INTENDED TO ENABLE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO TAKE SUITABLE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES, NOT TO EMBARK UPON ANY FORM OF VIGILANTISM OR OTHER UNREASONABLE CONDUCT DIRECTED AT THIS INDIVIDUAL.
Please visit the Canadian Centre for Child Protection for further information on why high risk offender release notifications are issued.