On May 6, 2023, at approximately 5:30 a.m. police located a suspicious vehicle in an alley of the 1700 block of Quebec Street. Police approached the vehicle and located a female in the driver seat and a male standing outside the passenger side of the vehicle.
Police observed a can of pepper spray on the front passenger seat of the vehicle. Both the female and male were arrested on a weapons offence without incident. A loaded sawed off shotgun was located in the vehicle along with drugs.
Thirty-one year-old Kiri HAIDER, and twenty-nine year-old Cody CARDINAL, both of Regina, have been jointly charged with:
- Carry a Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle [CC 94(1)];
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(1)(A)];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number Has Been Tampered With [CC 108(1)(B);
- Store Firearm or Restricted Weapon Contrary to Regs-Carless Storage of Firearm [CC 86(2)
HAIDER is also charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose X2 [CC 88];
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance [CDSA 4(1)];
HAIDER and CARDINAL will make their first appearance in Provincial Court on May 8, 2023.