On May 12, 2023, at approximately 1:15 p.m., members of the Regina Police Service were dispatched to a report of a break and enter in the 2100 block of Hamilton Street. Police arrived on scene and knocked on the insecure door causing it to open. Upon the door opening, police observed a male directly inside, sitting on a chair with a sawed off shotgun at his feet. Police challenged the male and he was taken into custody without incident. A search of the immediate area where the male was sitting resulted in discovery of an improvised home-made slam gun next to where the male had been sitting. Both the sawed off shotgun and the slam gun were loaded. The 32 year-old male who was arrested was on a Firearms Prohibition and was Unlawfully at Large.
Thirty-two year-old, Jordan Thomas McNABB, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose [CC 88]
- Possession of Firearm Knowing Possession is Unauthorized [CC 92(1)] x 2
- Carry a Concealed Weapon [CC 90]
- Unlawful Storage of Firearm [CC 86(2)]
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(1)(a)] x 2
- Prohibited Possession Contrary to an Order [CC 117.01(1)] X 3
McNABB will make his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, May 15, 2023.