On Thursday, May 25, 2023 the Regina Police Crime Reduction Team with the assistance of Patrol Officers, the Street Crimes Unit and Tactical Support, executed CDSA search warrants on a residence and two vehicles in the 1900 Block of Robinson Street.
The police operation was in relation to an ongoing drug-trafficking investigation. During the execution of the search, the following items were seized:
- 46.49 grams of Methamphetamine
- Firearm ammunition
- Drug trafficking evidence
- Multiple stolen pieces of identification
- Edged weapons
- Airsoft firearm
As a result of the enforcement, three adults were arrested and charged.
Twenty-eight year-old John Watkin of Regina is charged with:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Methamphetamine [s.5(2) CDSA];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon [CC 91(2)];and
- Possession of a Weapon Contrary to Prohibition Order [s.117.01(1)].
Forty-six year-old Scott MacDonald of Regina is charged with:
- Possession of a Substance Methamphetamine [s.4(1) CDSA].
Twenty-three year-old Matthew Lerat-Polson of Regina is charged with:
- Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [s.117.1(1)].
All three will make their first appearance on these charges in Regina Provincial Court on July 13, 2023 at 9:30 a.m.
*The Crime Reduction Team is a unit within the Regina Police Service that receives funding for resources and operations from the Government of Saskatchewan through the Ministry of Corrections, Public Safety and Policing.