The Saskatchewan Roughriders are set to open the regular season tonight at Mosaic Stadium with a 7:00 p.m. kickoff against Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
The Regina Police Service is reminding motorists to be aware of road closures around Mosaic Stadium before and after the game today. We are asking motorists and pedestrians to follow directions, have patience and be courteous to other users of the road. On game day, the following road closures will be in effect three hours prior to kickoff.
Beginning at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 16, 2023, there will be no vehicle traffic allowed on the 1500, 1600, and 1700 blocks of Elphinstone Street. Access will be limited to Regina Transit buses and local residents only (you may be asked to show that you are a local resident, e.g. home address on identification or correspondence). Fans and motorists will find road closures on:
- 1500 block of Elphinstone Street at Dewdney Avenue;
- Princess Street and 9th Avenue
- Argyle Street and 9th Avenue;
- McTavish Street and 9th Avenue;
- Elphinstone Street and 9th Avenue;
- Montague Street and 10th Avenue;
- Elphinstone Street and North Railway Street;
- Saskatchewan Drive and Elphinstone Street.
Other reminders to help everyone enjoy game day includes:
- If you choose to drink, don’t drive. Instead, take the bus, call a cab or ride-share, or use a designated driver.
- If you park, remove all valuables from your vehicle and lock the doors. There will be additional police patrols around the stadium during games to deter theft-from-auto and theft-of-auto, but it’s always better to remove or reduce the opportunity for crime
- Respect the neighbourhood. Mosaic Stadium is in a residential neighbourhood, and visitors should always ensure they park vehicles legally, refrain from littering, smoke in designated areas, and respect the property of others;
Enjoy the game and be safe. Let’s go Riders!