An adult male is facing 16 charges following a dangerous driving incident.
On Thursday, June 22, 2023 at approximately 12:40 a.m., police observed a vehicle driving erratically and at high speeds on Dewdney Avenue near Elphinstone Street. Members of the Aerial Support Unit (ASU) located the vehicle, observed the vehicle come to a stop on Rosen Crescent, and observed the driver exit the vehicle. Patrol officers located the suspect male inside a residence and he was taken into custody without incident. Through investigation, police also recovered a firearm and ammunition. As a result:
Thirty-four year-old Jordan Lee TAYPOTAT, of Regina, has been charged with:
• Operate Conveyance Dangerous To Public [CC 320.13 (1)];
• Impaired Operation of a Conveyance [CC 320.14 (1)(A)];
• Obstruct Peace Officer [CC 129 (A)];
• Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
• Careless Storage of Firearm [CC 86 (2)];
• Possession of a Firearm Knowing It’s Possession is Unauthorized [CC 92 (1)];
• Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device Or Ammunition in a Motor Vehicle [CC 94(1)(a)(ii)];
• Possession of Prohibited Or Restricted Firearm With Ammunition [CC 95 (1)(A)];
• Possession of Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained By Crime [CC 96 (1)];
• Tampering With Serial Number of a Firearm [CC 108(1)(A)];
• 4 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01 (1)];
• Fail to Comply With Probation Order [CC 733.1 (1)];
• Fail To Comply With Condition Of A Release Order [CC 145(5)(A).
TAYPOTAT made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court yesterday afternoon (Thursday, June 22, 2023) at 2:00 p.m.