A 35 year-old male from Regina is facing multiple charges following his arrest for possessing a stolen vehicle.
Shortly after 3:15 this morning, July 24, 2023, a member of the RPS Patrol Unit was in the 2100 Block of Pasqua Street, when they observed a vehicle that had been reported stolen in a Break and Enter late Sunday afternoon (July 23, 2023). Officers observed the driver exit the parking lot and travel west on 13th Avenue to the edge of the city. The suspect ended up east-bound on Highway 1 and, at this time, officers successfully deployed a tire deflation device. The driver continued to evade police, driving erratically down various grid roads and in fields south of the city. Officers followed from a distance and arrested the driver after he lost control of the vehicle on Highway 6.
As a result of this investigation, 35 year-old Joshua BIRD is charged with:
• Operate Conveyance Dangerous to Public [CC 320.125(1)];
• Operation of Conveyance While Prohibited [CC 320.18 (1)(A)];
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000 [CC 355(A)];
• Fail to Comply with Condition of a Release Order [CC 145 (5)(A)] and
• Flight from Peace Officer [320.17].
BIRD will make his first appearance on these charges in Regina Provincial Court this afternoon, July 24, 2023 at 2 p.m.