On Sunday, July 30, 2023, at approximately 7:25 a.m., police were dispatched to a residence on the 1000 block of Argyle Street for the report of a weapons offence. A gunshot was heard and two people were seen running from the area, one being a male with a firearm.
Officers attended to the area and did not find anyone with injury. However, investigation led to another residence on the block where the suspects were believed to be located. Police observed one of the suspects leave the residence, then reenter. Despite police attempts to get the suspects to exit, they would not exit.
The Regina Police Service Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team was deployed, which was the subject of a police advisory. The suspects, a 20 year-old male and a 20 year-old female, exited the residence and were placed in police custody, concluding the operation. A firearm and ammunition were recovered.
Twenty year-olds Torrance Kendal Storm DELORME, and Jazmin Rockwell DUBOIS, both of Regina, are jointly charged with:
- Reckless of Discharge Firearm [CC 244.2(1)(B)].
DELORME is also charged with:
- 2 X Possession of Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)]
- Careless Storage of Firearm [CC 86(2)];
- Carry Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Point Firearm [CC 87(1)];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(1)]; and
- Possession of a Prohibited/Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(1)(A)].
The accused make their first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, Monday, July 31, 2023, at 9:30 a.m.