On August 10, 2023 members of the Regina Police Service Street Gangs Unit (SGU), Property Crimes Unit and SWAT Unit executed a CDSA search warrant on a residence in the 800 Block of Cameron Street. There was reason to believe the occupants of the residence were involved in drug trafficking and were in possession of firearms and stolen property.
An adult male and adult female were located inside and arrested without incident. The following items were located inside the home and seized:
- A loaded .22 caliber sawed off rifle
- 18 grams of fentanyl
- 25 grams of cocaine
- 25 grams of methamphetamine
- Evidence of drug trafficking
As a result of the search, 40 year-old Erin PEIGAN and 39 year-old Landon PURA are jointly charged with;
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine [CDSA 5(2)];
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking fentanyl [CDSA 5(2)];
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking methamphetamine [CDSA 5(2)];
- Possession of proceeds of crime under $5000 [CC 355];
- Unsafe storage of a firearm [CC 86(2)];
- Possession of a firearm knowing its unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Possession of a loaded prohibited firearm [CC 95(1)(A)];
- Possession of a firearm knowing the serial number has been tampered with [CC 108(1(a)];and
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon [CC 92(2)].
In addition to these charges PURA is also charged with:
- 3 x Possession of a Prohibited Firearm or Weapon [CC 117.01(1)].
Both PURA and PEIGAN made their first appearance on these charges in Regina Provincial Court on Friday, August 11, 2023 at 9:30 a.m.