On July 29,, 2023, members of the Regina Police Service Street Gang Unit (SGU), with the assistance of RPS SWAT, conducted an investigation at a residence in the 1900 Block of Winnipeg Street. The following items were located and seized during a search of the residence:
- 2 firearms
- 3 grams of cocaine
- $16,322.00 in cash
- A bullet-proof vest
- Items associated with drug trafficking.
Two people in the residence were arrested without further incident.
As a result of the investigation, 40 year-old Christopher MAYTWAYASHING and 36 year-old Jayde BOYLE are jointly charged with:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Cocaine [CDSA 5(2)];
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime Over $5000 [CC355(a)];
- 2 x Possession of a Prohibited Firearm While Prohibited [CC92(1)];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon [CC91(2)];
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm With Ammunition[CC95(1)(b)];
- Unsafe Storage of a Restricted Firearm [CC86(1)];
- 2 x Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number Has Been Tampered With [108(1)(b)];
In addition, MAYTWAYASHING is also charged with:
- 8 x Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC117.01];and
- Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC117.01].
BOYLE is also charged with:
- 2 x Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC117.01];
- Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC117.01]; and
- Breach of Probation Order [CC733.1].
MAYTWAYASHING and BOYLE made their first appearance on these charges in Regina Provincial Court on Monday, July 31, 2023 at 9:30 a.m.