A 16 year-old male is facing multiple charges following a hit and run incident at a residence in the 5000 block of 10th Avenue.
Shortly after 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning (September 9, 2023), a call came into the RPS Communications Centre stating that a vehicle had just crashed into a building and the driver was running away. Officers arrived on scene to discover that, in addition to the building, a natural gas line was hit and ruptured and a light standard had also been hit.
Officers conducted a brief search of the area and located the suspect, who appeared to be intoxicated. He was arrested without incident. The youth, who cannot be named in accordance with the Youth Criminal Justice Act, is charged with:
- Impaired Operation of a Conveyance [CT320.14(1)(A)];
- Exceeds 80 mg of alcohol within 2 hours of operating conveyance [CT320.14(1)(B)];
- Failure to Stop After Accident [CC 320.16(1)];
- Failure to Comply with Conditions [CC 145((5)(A)]; and
- Theft of Motor Vehicle [CC 333.1(1)].
The accused made his first appearance on these charges today, September 11, 2023, at 9:30 a.m. in Regina Provincial Youth Court.