At approximately 5:30 p.m., on October 12th, 2023, members of the Regina Police Service were dispatched to a residence in the 500 block of Scarth Street for a report that an unknown male had broken into an occupied dwelling and was armed with a knife. Police arrived on scene and the male suspect fled on foot. Police took chase and an officer deployed a Conducted Energy Weapon (CEW), which was ineffective. The suspect jumped a fence, however police were able to locate and arrest him without further incident. Search of the male incident to his arrest resulted in police locating a set of brass knuckles on him.
Twenty-seven year-old, Colby HANSEN, of Regina, is charged with:
- Break and Enter and commit Assault with a weapon [CC 348(1)(b)]
- Assault with a Weapon x 2 [CC 267(a)]
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon [CC 92(2)]
- Fail to Comply with Condition of an Undertaking [CC 145(4)(a)]
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance [CDSA 4(1)]
HANSEN will make his first court appearance on these charged in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, October 13, 2023.