On Tuesday, October 10, 2023, at approximately 4:30 p.m., police located a man walking in the area of 6th Avenue and Garnet Street, carrying what was believed to be a firearm. Police commanded the male to stop and show his hands, but the male ran from police. The male subsequently stopped and a physical altercation with police occurred. Police ultimately apprehended the male who was then taken into custody. A sawed off shotgun and ammunition were recovered on his person.
Eighteen year-old Storm BLUEEYES, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possess Firearm Knowing Its Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Possess Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(1)(A)];
- 2 X Possess Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)];
- Carry Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Fail to comply with Probation Order [CC 733.1(1)];
- Fail to comply [YCJA 137]
- Resist Arrest [CC 129(A)];
- Careless Use of a Firearm [86(1)]; and
- Assault Peace Officer While Threatening to Use Weapon [CC 270.01(1)(A)].
BLUEEYES made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, Wednesday, October 11, 2023, at 9:30 a.m.