On October 6, 2023, at approximately 2:35 a.m., police conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle on the 400 block of Lorne Street N. Police located two male occupants in the vehicle in possession of a crossbow in plain view. The males were arrested for weapons possession and taken into custody. A firearm and ammunition were also located. Further search also revealed a substance believed to be methamphetamine.
The men were identified and both found to be in breach of prohibition orders not to possess weapons.
Thirty-six year-old Stuart Michael George SABISTON, and 23 year-old Shawn TUTTOSI, both of Regina, are jointly charged with:
- Possess Firearm Knowing Its Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm In A Motor Vehicle [CC 94(1)];
- Careless Storage of Firearm [CC 86(2)]; and
- Carry Concealed Weapon [CC 90].
SABISTON also faces charges of:
- 2 X Possession of Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01]; and
- Possession of a scheduled substance (methamphetamine) [CDSA 4(1)].
TUTTOSI also faces charges of:
- 12 X Possession of Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01].
Both accused made their first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this afternoon, Friday, October 6, 2023, at 2:00 p.m.