On Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at approximately 7:45 p.m., members of the RPS Stolen Auto Unit located a stolen vehicle travelling in the area of 3rd Avenue N. The vehicle came to a stop near Regency Crescent and police approached the vehicle, issuing commands for the driver to exit the vehicle. The driver of the vehicle did not comply with police commands and physically resisted arrest.
Members of the Canine Unit attended to the location and a Police Service Dog bit the male suspect. The male suspect stopped resisting arrest and was taken into police custody. In a search of the vehicle following arrest, police located a firearm and ammunition. As a result:
24 year-old Alexander Cruse GIESBRECHT, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Over $5000 [CC 355 (A)];
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm in Motor Vehicle [CC 94 (1)];
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm With Ammunition [CC 95 (1)(A);
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01 (1)];
- Resist Arrest [CC 129 (A)].
GIESBRECHT made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this morning (November 9, 2023) at 9:30 a.m.