Treaty 4 Citizens’ Police Academy is a great opportunity to learn about a career in enforcement and community safety in an immersive two-week experience. Are you 18 or older, Indigenous and looking for a career as a Police Officer, Community Safety Officer, Special Constable or a Security Officer? Treaty 4 CPA is designed for you! Attendees will spend two weeks on campus at the Saskatchewan Police College immersed in the world of Law Enforcement.
During the program, participants will learn about the basic requirements to work in law enforcement and community safety in Saskatchewan. The syllabus will include the following:
- Fitness and wellness preparation for applicants (including fitness class)
- SIGMA (written entrance exam) practice and official test
- POPAT (physical test) practice and official test
- Participants will be certified in First Aid and Level “C” CPR/AED
- Drill class/marching
- Firearms training
- Special Unit presentations (SWAT, Crisis Negotiators, Canine, Traffic and more)
- Scenarios/Report Writing/Note Taking
- Resume/Application Preparation
- Interview Skills
- Public Speaking
- Community-Based Policing (proactive problem solving, the importance of community partnerships, the importance of cultural and community diversity including TRC Calls To Action and cultural protocol)
This is a great opportunity for potential applicants to experience life as a police/law enforcement recruit at the University of Regina and Saskatchewan Police College. Saskatchewan law enforcement and community safety organizations strive to be reflective of the community they serve. This is one way to introduce Indigenous potential candidates to this exciting and rewarding career path.
For more information please contact: