Under the direction of the Officer in Charge, provides administrative support to Investigative Services personnel and liaison duties for the department.
(1) Prepares and processes a variety of material and information for the Investigative Services Division.
(2) Answers or forwards requests for information from internal and external parties.
(3) Updates and maintains applicable databases and spreadsheets for the corresponding units, recognizing where ever possible, information should be stored on IEIS and in PIEM.
(4) Gathers information on targets to support investigators by preparing and assembling investigative file information.
(5) Transcribes taped interviews and statements and assists in the preparation of photo line-ups.
(6) Operates Netviewer system to locate members and to send mail, information and the disposition of incoming inquiries to members.
(7) Retrieves information from IEIS to respond to requests for police information from persons authorized to receive such information.
(8) Books travel and accommodations for officers for training or business purposes.
(9) Takes and organizes minutes of meetings for applicable units.
(10) Other related duties as assigned.
(1) Complete Grade XII or Grade XII Equivalent and Office Education Certificate and/or equivalent.
(2) Minimum typing speed 50 w.p.m. with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
(3) Good knowledge of CARM, IEIS, Access, and Netviewer for queries.
(4) Knowledge of the Investigative Services Division; units, sections, mandates and programs.
(5) Must have the ability to work with independently in dynamic situations requiring a various number of tasks.
(6) Ability to transcribe statements and interviews verbatim and some knowledge of search warrants is an asset.
(7) Ability to work with other agencies including various levels of government.
(8) Professional communication skills including both verbal and written.
NOTE: If a qualified applicant is not found within the Regina Police Service, this vacancy shall be open to qualified applicants of other City Departments and the general public. All outside candidates must undergo security screening.
Competition No: RPS22-027
Open Date: May 11, 2022
Close Date: May 25, 2022
$2,089 to $2,507 bi-weekly
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org