Under the direction of the Sergeant i/c of Training & Development, Human Resources, performs a variety of administrative functions, which require a high degree of confidentiality.
(1) Answers inquiries relative to training and development requirements for police and civilian employees through personal contact, telephone and correspondence, both internally and externally.
(2) Enters all training in to CARM in order to maintain current and accurate training profiles for all employees with the ability to provide and create reports on training date to assist in determining the ongoing training needs of the organization.
(3) Ensures accurate record keeping to enable compliance with mandatory training and re-certifications.
(4) Maintain a tracking system for qualified RPS instructors required for internal and external training.
(5) Assist in the coordination of Saskatchewan Police College training, Canadian Police College training, employee conference training, and related travel arrangements for said training.
(6) Liaise with other sections, agencies and community partners with regard to the delivery of training programs for Regina Police Service employees.
(7) Ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures impacting the delivery of training for the Regina Police Service.
(8) Participates and contributes to process improvement opportunities in the administration and coordination of the training function for the Regina Police Service by providing consistency and knowledge transfer for sworn members within the unit as well as external contacts.
(9) Provide coverage and support for other confidential administrative roles and functions within Human Resources.
(10) Other duties as assigned.
(1) Grade 12 or equivalent as well as a certificate in Office Education or equivalent with a minimum typing speed of 50 w.p.m.
(2) Excellent knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and CARM with the ability to analyze and interpret information related to the organization training and development needs.
(3) Good knowledge of policies and procedures for the Regina Police Service relating to training and development.
(4) Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate both in writing and orally, very clear and concise messages.
(5) Good public relation skills and the ability to relate to and effectively deal with a diverse range of individuals.
(6) The ability to retain and retrieve documents in an easy, efficient manner.
(7) The ability to use appropriate sentence structure, grammar, spelling and punctuation in business communication.
(8) The ability to coordinate work schedules and time for maximum efficiency and productivity.
(9) Ability to work both within a team and independently, prioritize workload and manage customer service interactions.
Competition No: RPS21-013
Open Date: April 22, 2021
Close Date: May 6, 2021
$2,266 to $2,948 bi-weekly
$59,143 to $76,943 per annum
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org