Under the direction of the Supervisor Service Desk Support, provides technical support to computer system hardware and software.
(1) Responds to Service Desk calls and provides instruction when required in conjunction with those calls.
(2) Utilizes Microsoft management tools to provide support for remote desktops.
(3) Follows problem escalation procedures when required due to complexity or severity of the situation.
(4) Logs and tracks Service Desk calls.
(5) Verifies software versions installed on PCs and updates when required.
(6) Resets passwords as necessary according to network security policy.
(7) Configures new personal computers by downloading images from the network.
(8) Prepares hardware for disposal by deploying disk drive data cleaning utilities.
(9) Maintain network communication cables and peripheral inventory as required.
(10) Obtains quotes for hardware and software as identified by the Service Desk Supervisor, places calls for warranty support and orders replacement hardware.
(11) Performs related duties as required.
(1) Minimum Grade XII or equivalent with microcomputer diploma/certification from a recognized institute or training centre and minimum 2 years experience in a similar capacity.
(2) Knowledge of PC hardware components, terminals, printers and scanners.
(3) Demonstrated computer skills and working knowledge of Windows, Office and virus scanning software and software in general.
(4) The ability to learn new software and hardware configurations in a timely fashion.
(5) Demonstrated expertise in resolving software and hardware problems.
(6) Demonstrated verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively with end users and other IT staff.
(7) Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
(8) Ability to maintain knowledge of new industry developments in the hardware, software and communications fields.
(9) Valid Class 5 Novice 1 (minimum) drivers’ license.
Competition No: RPS21-022
Open Date: July 19, 2021
Close Date: August 2, 2021
$ 2,357 to $ 2,946 bi-weekly
$ 61,518 to $ 76,891 per annum
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org