Under the direction of the Public Information Manager, designs, develops and maintains the Regina Police Service social media pages; identifies, develops and implements media development innovations; and assists the Public Information Manager with media relations, strategic communication planning, corporate communication and corporate event management.
(1) Develop, implement and maintain Regina Police Service’s social media exposure.
(2) Assist in developing strategy and policy for Regina Police Service use of social media and act as a resource for all members on the use of social media.
(3) Research, write, edit and post approved social media material.
(4) Assists in design, development, creation and maintenance for/of the Regina Police Service main website.
(5) Link, manage and update subscribers to our website, Facebook, Twitter, etc. .
(6) Assist with all requests coming in to the website content manager.
(7) Assist Public Information Manager to prepare, coordinate, distribute and retain news and media releases.
(8) Assist the Public Information Manager to respond to media inquiries and conduct interviews with members of the news media.
(9) Other related duties as required.
(1) Degree or diploma in media development, website development or a related field, including understanding of content management systems. Must have at least three years experience in website development, experience with social media as part of a strategic communications plan, and experience with digital marketing, photography and videography.
(2) Extensive related professional work experience supported by references and a portfolio.
(3) Design and development of web-based applications and frameworks. Technical aptitude and knowledge of web technologies, HTML, relevant software such as Adobe Creative Suite, as well as web browsers such as Firefox and Chrome; and a working knowledge of web analytics (Google, Facebook, etc.).
(4) Superior writing and communication skills. Ability to express and communicate ideas, concepts and complex programs, both written and orally, to a variety of audiences. Proficient in the English language. Demonstrated writing, editing, proofreading and researching skills.
(5) Understanding of portal, collaborative and social networking technologies, hand-held communication devices, etc., and the ability to troubleshoot on website and social media technologies and to adapt to continuous change in a dynamic environment.
(6) Proven ability to organize, prioritize and meet tight deadlines when critical events occur, e.g. daily deadlines for top stories, public safety notices, most media requests, etc.
(7) Demonstrated and documented effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work alone or in a team environment.
(8) Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
NOTE: If a qualified applicant is not found within the Regina Police Service, this vacancy shall be open to qualified.
Competition No: RPS21-017
Open Date: June 7, 2021
Close Date: June 21, 2021
$2,789 to $3,486 bi-weekly
$72,793 to $90,985 per annum
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org