In the early morning hours of Monday, December 21, 2020, as a result of investigation into firearms in the city of Regina, members of the Regina Police Service, including Patrol, Canine, and Property Crime units, executed a search warrant on a residence on the 4200 block of 4th Avenue.
The search revealed two firearms, firearms components, ammunition, and a large bladed weapon. As a result, a 16 year-old male was charged.
A sixteen year-old male, who will not be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, is charged with:
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Possession of a Prohibited/Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(1)(A)];
- 2 X Careless Storage of a Firearm [CC 86(1)];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number Has Been Tampered With [CC 108(1)(B)]; and
- 2 X Possession of Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)].
The Youth makes his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Youth Court today, December 21, 2020, at 2:00 p.m.
Investigation is ongoing. Anyone who has information that could assist police in this investigation is asked to contact the Regina Police Service at 777-6500 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).